Saturday, July 6, 2013

OWH Design Bootcamp - Monochromatic

Hey everyone,

I am working my way through the Operation Write Home Design Boot camp (Boot camp page). The first lesson is 'The ABCs of Color (Basic Color Theory). I approached this lesson and chose to try out a card with the Monochromatic theme.

The pattern paper is from Colorbok, a Wal-Mart brand, and the solid paper is something I had in my scrap basket.

I can't remember where the brads are from they were in my stash. Finished card size is A2.

Go take a look at the design boot camp lessons, there is something for everyone.

Here a pic of the finished card, please ignore the blue clamps. :-)



Thanks,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin! Not at all too late for the Bootcamp. All of the InlInkz will remain open right through the end of the year and I'm checking in on previous classes from time to time. You've done a good job with this Monochromatic design. The contrast of the darker purple layered with the lighter shades draws the eye right to the flower focal point. Hopefully as you go through the other classes you'll start to see how you can also tie several design concepts together. Thanks for joining in. If you'd like the PDF Class Summary for the ABC's of Color just send me an email at paula at operationwritehome.org and I'll send it out to you.

    Paula S.
    OWH Bootcamp Instructor

    ReplyDelete