Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shutter card - birthday card

Good Superbowl Day all,

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Last night I was cruising around the various blogs that I follow and the Christy Blade Handmade blog had a Valentine's Day card called a 'shutter card.' I had never seen this design before, so of course, I Googled it.

One tutorial and one trial run later, I decided I had to try it out for real. As luck would have it I need another birthday card this month, so I used the Shutter card technique.

Here's the finished product and below I'll have the basics of making the card and my recipe.

















The card itself is 5 1/2 x 12 inches and folds up to an A2 size card.

Cut the base and the score the card at 2, 4, 8, and 10 inches. Then measure 1 1/2 inches from the top and the bottom and make a cut along the length of the card from the 2 inch score to the 10 inch score.

I decided that my life would be decidedly easier if I put all the decorations on the card BEFORE I did the folding. It turns out I was right. :-)

















I can't give you the exact measurements for the paper on top of my base, except for that I took 1/4 inch off the original measurement so that I would see some of the base around my paper.

Now here's my recipe:
Plaid type paper is from Recollections ALL GIRL stack
The solid card stock is all generic card stock
The Happy Birthday is from Inkadinkado
The cupcakes are fromTPC Studio 'Hugs and Kisses'
Stickers from Creative Memories Simply Beautiful color pallate
The doodles were made using the Doodles template from Creative Memories

Hope you enjoy your day and good luck to whomever your favorite team is!
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment